1. The River to River festival comes to a close this weekend, but you can still catch an outdoor show Friday when singer-songwriter (and one half of the Fiery Furnaces) Eleanor Friedberger turns the Seaport into a party with opener Ex Cops.
2. Or you can indulge your classical side on Saturday, when Pulitzer Prize–winning composer David Lang’s Darker for strings gets an electronic reworking by Oneohtrix Point Never at the World Financial Center’s Winter Garden.
3. Shimmy shake your way to Prospect Park for the Latin Music Series on Friday.
4. Or head down to the Seaport on Saturday for the annual Village Voice bacchanalia 4Knots, this year featuring Archers of Loaf, Delicate Steve, the Drums, and an after-party hosted by D.J. Jonathan Toubin.
6. While the same afternoon over in Brooklyn it won’t be raining (hopefully), but there will be Summer Thunder in Union Pool’s backyard, with their free show featuring Sightings, Smoota, and Lone Wolf. Also free? The beer.
7. Last but not least, SummerStage has a few options for you. Saturday see some Latin alternative music in Central Park, while on Sunday you can join Arlo Guthrie and his family as they celebrate Woody Guthrie’s 100th birthday, or head to Crotona park in the Bronx for some smooth soul music. Happy weekend!