1. Indulge mom’s sweet tooth at a Watson Adventures chocolate scavenger hunt. She’ll have to work a bit for the payoff, but by the end she’ll be familiar with all the sugary spots in Soho.
3. While uptown, Symphony Space presents “Listen to Your Mother,” live readings by professional authors and performers riffing on the laughter, tears, and everything else that comes along with motherhood.
4. Also at Symphony Space, moms who are fans of public radio can nerd out at a screening of “Wait Wait.. Don’t Tell Me!” Because, Peter Sagal + Carl Kasell = Swoon.
6. While just a hop and a skip away in Newark the Alvin Ailey Dance company makes Mother’s Day extra special with the premiere of Another Night at the New Jersey Performing Arts Center.
8. And on the the high seas you can savor delicious goodies on a brunch cruise with a complimentary mimosa for mom. What better backdrop than the skyline?
9. Not all moms like to cook, but for the ones who do, the Institute of Culinary Education has a variety of classes to expand her repertoire.
10. Or she can get athletic at the Prospect Park Duathalon, with five race options to choose from (just remember to register before May 10).
11. Show mom that your love spans more than just one borough with a walk along the Brooklyn Bridge, culminating in a concert in Cadman Plaza Park in Brooklyn.
12. While in Central Park, kids can plant their own flower pot while being regaled by “Storyteller Supreme” (!!!) Tammy Hall.
13. Head to the Bronx, where all weekend at the New York Botanical Garden families can play games, fly kites, make greeting cards, and more.
14. And at Wave Hill, budding ornithologists and the ones who love them can learn about bird species with naturalist Gabriel Willow as your guide. Happy Mother’s Day!