1) Get your kids into reading on Sunday at Animal Hop!, with proceeds benefiting no-kill shelter Sean Casey Animal Rescue.
2) Or be more adult about your literary pursuits. On Saturday at the Brooklyn Public Library Colum McCann presents his latest novel Transatlantic.
3) Debra Jo Rupp (whom you may remember from That ‘70s Show) talks sex in the one-woman show Becoming Dr. Ruth …
5) Laughs are abundant all weekend at the New York Comedy Festival.
7) Dancing is key at the Brooklyn Electronic Music Festival.
8) Or hear Estonia’s national choir sing meditative choral music at Word Made Flesh at Lincoln Center. It’s on Sunday, because that’s the day for meditation.