1) How about some Off Broadway Theater? The New York premiere of John Pollono’s Small Engine Repair gets comic and thrilling in the West Village.
2) Or check out a throwback rock show. ZZ Top is at the Paramount Theater in Huntington, Chris Cornell wails uptown at the Beacon Theatre, and Johnny Marr of the Smiths steps out solo at Webster Hall.
3) This Friday and Sunday, the Brooklyn Night Bazaar allows you to shop with a live soundtrack.
4) For more family-friendly entertainment, kids can rock to Au Revoir Simone at Kidrockers, at Brooklyn Bowl on Saturday morning. Comedian Seth Herzog hosts.
5) Hit Casino Diabolique at the W Hotel. It’s free to enter and play…
6) Or get spicy with Alan Cumming, as he is the featured guest for the Joey Arias Experience this Sunday at Joe’s Pub.
7) Classical music fans will enjoy Richard Strauss’s large-canvas phantasmagoria Die Frau Ohne Schatten at the Metropolitan Opera…
8) While Hofesh Shechter’s theatrical dance piece Sun returns to BAM. Happy weekend!