1) Feel like some fresh air? The McCarren Park ice skating rink is open for business. To get a feel for it, check out our slideshow.
2) Or maybe you’d like to check out the outstanding, extensive new exhibit at the Brooklyn Museum: The Fashion World of Jean Paul Gaultier. Alongside Gaultier’s childhood teddy bear, you’ll find pieces including a metallic catsuit worn by Beyoncé and Madonna’s cone-breasted corset from her Blond Ambition tour.
3) The Manhattan Theater Club’s Taking Care of Baby is riveting, starring Reed Birney, Kristen Bush, Margaret Colin, and Zach Shaffer, with a book by Tony Award-winner Dennis Kelly (for Matilda).
4) Or you can swing through a vaudevillian variety show at City Winery. This Friday, Wesley Stace’s Cabinet of Wonders boasts a packed lineup, including Nina Persson of the Cardigans, food star Ted Allen, author Rick Moody, and comedian Eugene Mirman.
5) Kanye West changes location from the Barclays Center to Madison Square Garden on Saturday and Sunday. Kendrick Lamar opens on Saturday, and A Tribe Called Quest does the honors on Sunday.
6) Noise duo Sleigh Bells brings their potent sound concoction of digitized guitar, drum-machine abuse, and airy chanting to Terminal 5 on Friday and Saturday. Danny Brown opens.
7) Deborah Warner’s stunning Onegin, based on Eugene Onegin, swings through the Metropolitan Opera on Saturday.
8) Michael Williams’s fourth show since 2007 at the Canada gallery “gives electric evidence that his painterly promise has come to impressive fruition.” Happy weekend!