1) All week, Times Square has turned into the boisterous “Super Bowl Boulevard,” where on Saturday, Feb. 1, at 8:30 p.m., you can catch a show by Blondie for free. Wear comfy shoes, Debbie Harry and Co.—who this spring will release a 40th anniversary album package—will be playing for an hour and a half. Also on hand: a giant toboggan ride and an opportunity to take your picture with Vince Lombardi’s trophy. Football!
2) Not to be outdone, bands have been around town playing as part of Citi’s Evenings With Legends series, which also features talks with football stars like Jerry Rice. Tonight it’s the Black Keys at Roseland Ballroom. Sadly, you have to have a Citi Card to be able to purchase tickets. But even if you don’t, maybe you have a friend who does?
3) On Saturday, the Red Hot Chili Peppers play a WFAN-presented show at Barclays, their only North American gig currently announced,
4) VH1 has been Super Bowl blitzing, with free shows from J.Cole, Janelle Monáe, Fall Out Boy, and TLC. Tonight it’s the Goo Goo Dolls in Staten Island, and tomorrow caps off the week with Gavin DeGraw at the Wellmont Theater.
5) Tonight you can celebrate with the 15th Annual NFL Super Bowl Gospel Celebration at the Theater at MSG. Patti Labelle headlines with Mary Mary, Natalie Grant, Tamela Mann, Donnie McClurkin, and a special performance by the NFL Players Choir (!!) …
6) While tomorrow at 7:45 p.m., Ziggy Marley caps off a week of free #PEPCITY shows at Bryant Park. Perfect for celebrating.
7) If dancing with reality stars is more your thing, tomorrow night Pacha thows a Super Bowl-themed birthday party for their co-owner Eddie Dean, with Mob Wives star Alicia DiMichele Garofalo, NFL’er Brian Cushing, UFC fighter Tom Watson, and boxer Amir Khan. The whole thing gets going around 11:30.
8) While at Lavo, Nick Cannon will make an appearance at the Big Game Weekend shindig, which doubles as a promotion for his upcoming album, WPPM. Doors open at 11 p.m.