1. Have you heard? It’s Super Bowl Weekend. And we have you covered food-wise, with cool places to watch the game, places to assemble your party feast, and spots to grab a reservation while everyone else is watching the game.
2. We also have some football-themed music shows. A free set by Blondie? Don’t mind if we do. There are also performances by Red Hot Chili Peppers, the Black Keys, and more.
3. For non–Super Bowl music on Saturday, whimsical Philly experimentalists Man Man mix it up at Music Hall of Williamsburg. (Get a feel for what you’re in for in the video for “Loot My Body“) …
4. While comedy-wise, we’ve got Jay Mohr at Gotham; the Wayans Brothers at Carolines; and Kambri Crews presenting her “tragic family farce,” Burn Down the Ground, a true story of growing up in the deep woods of Texas with two deaf parents and a convict father.
5. See how well you know truth from fiction at the Liar Show, a storytelling event where four performers tell stories, of which three are true and one is a total fabrication; the audience picks the winner.
6. Or catch a play. The high-powered Machinal revival goes strong, while Outside Mullingar comforts.
7. On Sunday, Kim Gordon joins visual artist, writer, and musician Julia Koether in a unique collaboration in honor of artist Mike Kelley at PS 1.
8. While time’s almost up to catch the innovative In the Air, the 360-degree film by T. J. Wilcox at the Whitney.
9. But guys, who are we kidding? You know you’d rather watch puppies. Animal Planet has you covered, with their amazing Puppy Bowl Experience at Discovery Times Square. Run, don’t walk (or bound, like a puppy) to the free exhibit, which features a Hall of Fame exhibition, on-site adoptions, and puppies. Playing football. We don’t even know why we’re still sitting at our desks. Happy weekend!