1. The international Gumball Rally stops at the South Street Seaport on Friday, the last leg in the U.S. Swing through from 9 to 10 p.m. to see fancy things that go vroom. The event is free and open to the public.
2. Or if you have the need to speed, head to Raceway Park in Elizabethtown, New Jersey, where you can hop in a car for the full drag race experience (don’t worry, you can ride along if you don’t actually want to drive).
3. But if self-preservation is key, stay a safe distance from the stage when on Friday, Fucked Up celebrates their album Glass Boys at Bowery Ballroom. You’ll be fine getting close to Damon Albarn on Sunday at Irving Plaza, however.
4. Speaking of Albarn, he’ll be joining Outkast, Interpol, and a host of others at the Governors Ball music festival, running from Friday through Sunday at Randalls Island. All the bands in one place! Perfect for the lazy music lover.
6. Or head to the namesake of the Governors Ball, Governors Island, for this weekend’s Figment interactive arts festival. This weekend also marks the kickoff of the Chelsea Music Festival, with classical music events for every taste.
7. Kim Gordon joins I.U.D. (Lizzi Bougatsos of Gang Gang Dance and Sadie Laska of Growing) for a unique performance as part of P.S. 1’s “Sunday Sessions.”
8. While in Brooklyn, see your favorite radio shows come to life when the WNYC Radio Love Fest takes over BAM.
9. Hey! This weekend caps off Negroni week. Find a participating NYC bar on the official website.
10. But remember not to drink and cycle before heading to the LIC Bike Parade in Socrates Sculpture Park on Saturday.
11. Sometimes you just want to catch a classic flick. Nitehawk has you covered with Saturday and Sunday brunch screenings of Jurassic Park.
12. Or, if you prefer things live, catch a play. It’s the last week for the experimental Early Shaker Spirituals at the Wooster Group, with a cast including Frances McDormand.