1. It’s Friday! Time to cut a rug. Tonight marks the inaugural weekly Fool’s Gold Dance Party at the Studio at Webster Hall. Come ready for hip-hop sets by Nick Catchdubs and special guests.
2. Or catch some live music. Danny Brown is at Bowery Ballroom on Sunday, Miley Cyrus brings her Bangerz tour to Barclays on Saturday, and Real Estate hits Webster Hall tonight and Music Hall of Williamsburg tomorrow.
3. There’s also Juan Gabriel on Sunday, a musician our critic describes as a “Spanish-speaking Tom Jones in peak hip-swiveling form, with a dash of, say, Bob Dylan.” Sounds fun.
4. Or catch the end of the Unsound Festival, showcasing innovation in classical and experimental music.
6. Or maybe check out some art. Immerse yourself in three decades of photography and video by Carrie Mae Weems at the Guggenheim, check out art star Nate Lowman’s new show at Maccarone, or find something to love at the Affordable Art Fair.
7. Join (or avoid) feather-wielding pugilists in Washington Square Park for the annual Pillow Fight Day bacchanal on Saturday.
8. Or sit back and relax at Anthony Minghella’s production of Puccini’s Madama Butterfly at the Met. Happy weekend!