1. There are many opportunities to have a musical weekend. On Saturday, the Village Voice’s annual (and free) 4Knots Music Festival takes over the South Street Seaport, with Dinosaur Jr. headlining alongside Those Darlins, Speedy Ortiz, and more.
2. While on Sunday, the delightful Cibo Matto plays a Central Park SummerStage Show with Bonobo, also gratis.
3. The Brooklyn Hip-Hop Festival celebrates its tenth anniversary through July 12, with performances by Raekwon the Chef of Wu-Tang Clan, Jay Electronica, CJ Fly of Pro Era, and Cyhi the Prynce. Score your tickets here.
4. Out in the Rockaways, you’ll find music and food at Le Fooding Beach Club Presents: Sanpellegrino Fruitstock at the Rockaways, with chefs and DJs feeding and entertaining you for three days.
5. Over at another beach, the Coney Island on Tap Beer Craft Beer Festival combines suds, surf, and sun on Saturday.
6. While upstate, the Hudson Music Project, a music and arts festival, sets up shop at the Winston Farm in Saugerties, which, fun fact, was supposed to be the original location of the Woodstock Festival.
7. How about some jokes? Colin Jost—you may recognize him as the newly inaugurated SNL “Weekend Update” anchor—does three nights at Carolines.
8. Though there are also a few opportunities to check out the unassuming and observant (and hilarious) Trevor Noah when he takes the stage at Gotham Comedy Club.
9. In the great outdoors of New York City, Laughter in the Park takes over Tompkins Square Park for free, with Myq Kaplan headlining. Also on the lineup: Sasheer Zamata, Ophira Eisenberg, Anthony Devito, and more.
10. Those with rhythm in their toes should head up to Lincoln Center, for the last night of the Midsummer Night Swing season on Saturday.
11. Bastille Day is Monday, but there are ways to celebrate beforehand, with food and drink specials, and the yearly French Institute Alliance Française’s street fair, which is free and on 60th Street. Happy weekend!