1. Let the gentle sounds of Philly singer-songwriter Amos Lee ease you into the weekend on Friday at Prospect Park, part of Celebrate Brooklyn! and with Lake Street Dive.
2. Or return to the sunshine on Saturday, when Dum Dum Girls rock the outdoors, with Hospitality and TEEN.
3. On Saturday, Central Park SummerStage has -M- and Émilie Simon.
4. While all across the city, musicians will celebrate and be celebrated during the Make Music New York festival.
5. Saturday is also the Coney Island Mermaid Parade, with Dante de Blasio as King Neptune and Chiara de Blasio as Queen Mermaid. It’s not technically a music event, but we can assure you there will be sounds all around.
6. Over in Williamsburg, Ex-Cult, Liquor Store, and Call of the Wild make things rumble at Union Pool’s free “Summer Thunder” series.
7. On Sunday, U.K. duo Slow Club hits up the the Apple Store in Soho at 4 p.m. Don’t forget to reserve a spot online.
8. And back in Central Park, SummerStage also has a free offering for a show by Buika and R&B crooner Marques Toliver.
9. If you’re headed to Montauk on Sunday, check out Real Estate at the Surf Lodge (Poolside plays on Saturday, also free).
10. But those staying nearby should head to the Brookfield Place Plaza, where So Percussion, Dawn of Midi, Adrianna Mateo, and more will be banging cans (sort of) at the River to River festival’s Bang on a Can Marathon. Happy weekend!