2. There are also a lot of funny people like Amy Poehler and Nick Kroll in town doing funny things, as part of the weekend-long improv fest that is the Del Close Marathon. A weekend pass is just $30.
3. NYC’s free outdoor pools open this weekend for the season …
4. Or you can see a play outside. There are just a few more chances to see Our Town in the majestic setting of Green-Wood Cemetery.
5. If you make it to the cemetery, stop by the long-awaited Morbid Anatomy Museum. It opens this week.
6. Or hit up the Whitney to see that Jeff Koons retrospective everyone’s talking about.
7. Spike Lee hosts a block party celebrating the 25th anniversary of his film Do the Right Thing, from noon to 6 p.m on Stuyvesant Avenue between Quincy Street and Lexington Avenue.
8. And Sunday at Fort Tilden, Patti Smith performs for free, kicking off Rockaway!, a free summer-long arts festival sponsored by the Jamaica Bay-Rockaway Parks Conservancy. James Franco will also be there, reading the poetry of Walt Whitman.