1. This Sunday is Mother’s Day, and we’ve got you covered, from events to brunches to what to buy the special lady.
2. It’s also the weekend of the Frieze art fair and its satellites, such as Pulse, NADA, and PooL.
3. Want more art? Find some in galleries, both on your own with this handy guide or with our art critic Jerry Saltz leading the way, as part of our Vulture Festival.
4. Oh yeah, did you know we’re having a Vulture Festival? It’s our very first one, and it’s happening all weekend, with plenty of tickets still available. Why not have brunch with Rufus Wainwright? Or show off your pop-culture knowledge at a trivia night?
5. Spring is a good time for the ballet. See the alluring All Balanchine program at Lincoln Center.
6. Or the equally enchanting duo of Cher and Cyndi Lauper at Barclays Center.
7. It’s the weekend! Let’s drink. There’s plenty of sanctioned opportunity to at the Manhattan Cocktail Classic, with an especially elaborate opening-night gala on Friday at the New York Public Library, featuring a performance by Big Boi and a DJ set by Questlove.
8. Or take it easy on Saturday at the Red Bull Music Academy’s installment of the Brooklyn Flea Record Fair, with performances and DJ sets by Optimo, Tanlines (DJ set), Autre Ne Veut, Caroline Polachek (DJ set), and more. Happy weekend!